30th Annual Imagen Awards
The Imagen Foundation held its 30th Annual Imagen (Spanish for “image”) Awards, a premier Latino entertainment awards event honoring positive portrayals and creative excellence of Latinos and Latino cultures in television and film. The awards were presented at a special ceremony at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion at the Music Center in Los Angeles, Calif. to an audience of approximately six hundred attendees representing the entertainment industry and Latino community.
The Challenge: To position the 30th Annual Imagen Awards as a platform to enhance the stature and profile of the Foundation nationally and as the only initiative designed to reward individuals and entities that promote positive portrayals of Latinos in all forms of media through a one month communications plan.
- Media Relations
- Press Material Development
- Press Credentialing
- Red-Carpet Coordination
- Talent Wrangling
- Event Coordination
The 30th Annual Imagen Awards received the most “buzz” and interest than any other year with over 90 earned media placements. Total Impressions of 140,315,362 in broadcast, print and online media.
- Post show article with a slideshow of photos in the Los Angeles Times. Including pick-up from other Tribune Publishing outlets such as Chicago Tribune, Orlando Sentinel, The Baltimore Sun
- Article highlighting Imagen honorees and winners in The Hollywood Reporter. Including pick-up in Yahoo News
- Article highlighting Imagen honorees and winners in Los Angeles Magazine
- Feature article with Imagen CEO in Broadcasting & Cable Magazine with 2 additional online articles
- Exclusive coverage from the national syndicated shows on LATV: American Latino TV and LatiNation which air on the following general market affiliates throughout the U.S: NBC, FOX, ABC, MY TV, KCAL and CBS
- Celebrity red-carpet images across various popular entertainment online and social media channels such as Us Weekly Magazine, Huffington Post Celebrity, Latina Magazine, Just Jared and Radar Online among others
- All major Los Angeles networks included KNBC-TV (NBC 4 News at 11pm), KABC-TV (Eyewitness News 11:00PM), KCAL-TV (KCAL 9 News at 10:00PM), KTTV-TV (Fox 11 Ten O’Clock News) KCBS-TV (11pm news), KVEA-TV (Telemundo-Noticiero 52: a las 11pm) and KAZA-TV 54 Azteca Network
- Online coverage including Univision.com, NBCUniversal.com, BroadwayWorld.com, LatinoLoop, Latin Post, Hispanic Lifestyle, HispanicAd.com, and Diario Las Americas among others